In order to play multimedia files (e.g., ASF, ASX, AVI, MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, RA, RAM, and WMV files), you will need multimedia player software. Below are links for downloading the most popular players. While many multimedia players will play more than one type of multimedia file, certain players are better at playing specific file types; in such cases the optimum file type has been listed below.
NOTE: You must contact the appropriate manufacturer for support downloading, installing, and using any multimedia player software.
- Apple QuickTime software is used to play MP4 and MOV files. (Mac users wishing to play WMV files in QuickTime can install the Flip4Mac component.)
- DivX software includes a codec that is often necessary
to play AVI files.
- Microsoft Windows Media Player.
- The VLC Media Player is an excellent alternative player for Macintosh and Windows users; it supports a wide variety of video formats.
- For an alternative to the Windows player, try IrFanView (be sure to
install the plugins in order to display the maximum number of video
- FLV Player can be used to play Flash and H.264 (MPEG-4) videos.
- Real Player is needed to play RA and RAM files.
If a link on this page needs to be changed or updated, please send us a message.